The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS/TAPS) is sponsored by the Region VIII Education Service Center (ESC8) located at 4845 US Highway 271 North, Pittsburg, Texas (Camp County) and is governed by the Region 8 ESC Board of Directors. The Interlocal Purchasing System is available for use by all public and private schools, colleges, universities, cities, counties, and other government entities. All awarded contracts through the TIPS/TAPS program have been Awarded under the Competitively Bid Process and received a Contract from TIPS/TAPS Governing Board of Directors. These Awarded Vendors have agreed to provide the best pricing, terms and conditions available to TIPS/TAPS Members.
The TIPS/TAPS Program takes PRIDE in providing a purchasing coop where Awarded Vendors and Members both benefit. With a successful award, a vendor can expedite an order for a member because all purchasing requirements are completed during the RFP process. A school district or other TIPS/TAPS Member can benefit from the cost savings of time and expense in competitively bidding each purchase.
The Purpose of TIPS/TAPS:
• Provide school districts and other governmental entities opportunities for greater efficiency and economy in acquiring goods and services.
• Take advantage of state-of-the-art purchasing procedures to insure the most competitive contracts.
• Provide competitively priced solicitation and bulk purchasing for multiple government entities that yields economic benefits unobtainable by individual entities.
• Provide quick and efficient delivery of goods and services by contracting with “high performance” vendors.
• Equalize purchasing power for smaller entities that are not able to command the best contracts for themselves.
• Maintain credibility and confidence in business procedures by maintaining open competition for purchases and by complying with purchasing laws and ethical business practices.
• Assist entities in maintaining the essential controls for budget and accounting purposes.
For more information, please visit http://tips-usa.com/index.cfm